Located near Bryson City, North Carolina, A Dogwood Cove Cabin is easily accessible and private – yet near so many activities! The Cabin is halfway between the Nantahala River and Bryson City, and minutes from the Tsali mountain bike trails and 26-mile long Lake Fontana! The Almond Boat dock is just a mile down our road and the Finger Lake is minutes from your front door – a popular place to swim, stand-up paddle board, or learn to roll a kayak.
The Cabin is within 5 to 10 minutes from –
• Nantahala River – fishing & rafting
• Nantahla Outdoor Center – whitewater rafting
• Lake Fontana – swimming, boating, stand-up paddleboarding, & fishing
• Tsali Recreation Area – mountain bike trails, horseback riding trails, free boat launch
• Appalachian Trail
• Horseback Riding
• Renowned fishing streams and rivers including the Nantahala River and Little Tennessee River.
Other activities within 25 miles include –
• Cherokee Indian Reservation – museum and shopping
• Harrah’s Cherokee Casino – spa and casino
• Great Smoky Mountains National Park – hiking and tubing
• Blue Ridge Parkway
• Great Smoky Mountains Railroad – scenic rides and the Polar Express
• Dillsboro – renowned arts and crafts
• Trout farms, and much more.
On the other end of the activity spectrum, a quiet day spent reading on the futon on the large screened-in porch is a favorite of many of our guests. Also on the porch is a picnic table, It’s a wonderful setting for bird watching, enjoying a meal, or writing notes to friends back home. Sitting outside in the yard while grilling fresh trout, visiting, or just playing Frisbee can leave you wondering where the time has gone. Finish the day with some roasted marshmallows around the fire circle.